All 12 art Reviews

Cat Person Cat Person

Quite funny.

As a furry, I am not the least bit offended by this drawing.

More to the point, I think this is very well drawn and humorous. It would be better if it was colored and maybe a little less sketchy, because right now it kind of looks "incomplete."

SlamBradley responds:

due to a low attention span colouring usually ends up with me starting and then somehow ending up playing portal for the 4th time

its happened before

Old Tears Old Tears

Wow.

The texture and lineart on this piece is amazing, and all the detail really shows well. The detail and rough chalky texture really give this piece a powerful, raw emotional feel to it. The only thing that bothers me is that the size of her neck makes it look like she has a goiter...it's a little bit distracting.

TERMINATOR CELEBRATION TERMINATOR CELEBRATION

Nice work.

Once again, you've got a good cartoony style and a great idea, and in this picture the Terminator endoskeleton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are particularly well-drawn and detailed. Your caricatures here are well-done, although it seems to me that everyone else in the picture looks a little flat and lacking detail, compared to the Terminator and Arnie.

Bay Watchmen Bay Watchmen

Kind of a mixed bag.

The cartoony style isn't half-bad, it reminds me of something I'd see in the comics section of the newspaper, but it's a mixed bag here. On the one hand, i think you drew Doctor Manhattan and the Comedian well. And Nite Owl looks well done, too (I especially like the duck inner tube floatie). On the other hand, Silk Spectre's face looks a bit poorly-constructed and Ozymandias is showing quite a considerable gut considering how he's the strongest and smartest man in the world.

Still, funny concept and a nice cartoony art style, it just needs a bit more refinement.

Elk's 2D Fighting WotLK RPG Elk's 2D Fighting WotLK RPG

Wow.

The sheer level of detail on this thing is absolutely incredible. There doesn't seem to be any problems with the picture...it's just perfect.

Anthro Zangoose Anthro Zangoose

Not too shabby.

I like the linework and coloring on this piece very much, and the pose is very well done. But there's one thing bothering me,and it's that her breasts just don't look right, not at all. They look...wrong. They look like they would if a pervert had drawn them...not that I'm making any accusations. But still, at least it's not Rob Liefeld anatomy, and apart from that little bit this piece is very well done.

ScorpianX0 responds:

lols... I glad you found something to criticize me for, but what you told me really doesn't do me any favors making them better in the future XD.

but I'm glad you liked it overrall, Thank you ^^

Steady Now Steady Now

I like the cartoonish design.

I do like the cartoonish design you have here, but there are some things you can improve on.

Your shading seems to be all over the place. Where exactly is the light source for this picture? The placement of your shading seems completely arbitrary. And if this is just a simple little cartoon, you might even be able to get away with foregoing shading altogether and leaving things flat.

One thing you might want to try is using thinner lines. While a lot of cartoons do use thick outlines, the thick outlines are only on the outer edge of the cartoon, and the inside details are made up of far skinnier lines. Look at the character design of "The Fairly Oddparents" for example. It make the cartoon look a lot cleaner and a lot less muddled.

wolf wolf

Nice work.

This looks very clean and crisp, very sharply detailed. The anatomy looks exaggerated while still realistic, rather than some ridiculous disproportionate musculature out of a Rob Liefeld comic.

The parts in red look somewhat unnecessary, though, and while they don't exactly hurt the image's effect, it might be better to get rid of them.

ts3ts3 responds:

thanks for you thoughts! I like using red, but i guess i can over do it sometimes.

AlchymY Chemical Research 3 AlchymY Chemical Research 3

Your best of the three!

The change in color is very good and adds a much darker atmosphere to the design. I still don't quite like the bevel you have on the design, but it seems to fit a bit more on this color.

The featureless red inside is a little bit jarring. It doesn't quite "go with" the rest of the image, and I would recommend keeping the center the same color as the background if you're not going to put a pattern there.

Chronamut responds:

I dunno - I find the simple red sort of goes well with it - although maybe the portal spiral background would have gone well as well - hell I don't even think I HAVE the source file for this anymore..

and ya the bevel.. I wasnt too happy with - I wanted it to really round out - but seems photoshop wouldn't let that be..

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

AlchymY Chemical Research 2 AlchymY Chemical Research 2

Better than #1

It's the same design (and I love the design), but it looks a lot less blurry to me, so that's a plus. The color gradient is nice too, but maybe consider making it at an angle instead of straight. You've still got a bit of a problem with the bevel not quite fitting the design in the smaller areas, though.

The background is different, and I like it, but I think it might be better if you remove some of the shiny chrome parts from it, they're a little distracting.

Chronamut responds:

no can do - these pics are so old I don't even have the source file nemore ;)

but yes what you suggested would have been very good improvements - so thank you for the good critique :)

thanks for the review!