-Orr- Final Encounter -Orr- Final Encounter

This is awesome!

It sounds very much like something out of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, specifically the "Prologue" theme or "The Tragic Prince." And I think that is the one thing that makes it the most awesome.

Seriously, this would fit in perfectly with Richter Belmont smashing shit up with the Vampire Killer.

Heart of Fire - Aria of Sorrow Heart of Fire - Aria of Sorrow

My favorite song from AoS

Now that I've got that out of the way...

This was pretty decent, but its biggest flaw is the lack of mastering. Everything just sound cluttered and the sound quality isn't very good at all. I'll let the lack of quality slide because you say it was due to Garageband, but I do think that the instruments just sound too muddled.

MarioKartFrantic responds:

Fair enough, I did this when I was 16, I'm 18 now and I l know how to do mastering, and I know I failed miserbly on this one, so yeah...

If I could I'd go back and fix it, but I don't have access to the Mac I made this on so no can do, sorry.

Anyway, If you wanna check out some good Castlevania music, Check my brother's stuff, he does some good shit (DJ-HappyFace btw)

Anyway, thanks for the review.

Symphony of the Night =MEDLEY= Symphony of the Night =MEDLEY=

Excellent!

This has a completely different style than Michiru Yamane's original score, yet somehow remains true to the atmosphere and style. The epic rendition of "Prayer" grabbed my attention straight away, and the piano solo rendition of "Dracula's Castle" was great (I also like how neatly it segued into "The Cave." The violins playing "Prologue" was very interesting as well, I never imagined that anything could replace those flanged guitars. I also loved your rendition of "The Tragic Prince, it sounded very Danny Elfman-esque, as if it was from a Tim Burton movie.

I can think of no way this could be improved, except maybe adding a bit more of the cathedral organ (unless you don't want to take the stereotypical approach to music about vampires, that is).

NickPerrin responds:

Awesome review, thanks. This song was made for the real Castlevania music fans, and you are most definitely one of them! It's cool that you caught all the songs - I'm glad you enjoyed it!

[TMM43]Come Sail Away [TMM43]Come Sail Away

I like it a lot.

The only thing I don't like is the percussion. On the one hand, it's too distant. On the other hand, if it was any louder, it would be an annoyance. Quite a conundrum.

(::Running Fox::) (::Running Fox::)

Great work.

I loved the drums in this song. They're fantastic! You seem to have a bit of a problem with random patches of white noise, I'd have that looked into. It could cause insanity.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Really?!! Og God thanks for that tip, I need to change that!

He's a pirate: PotC He's a pirate: PotC

Nicely done.

This is way better than DJ Tiesto's remix. The drums, piano, and bassline are very original and add a nice fresh twist to the song.

Nightwasp responds:

Wow! thanks very much!

_-={Crumbling Cathedral}=-_ _-={Crumbling Cathedral}=-_

Beautiful!

Great job here, especially with the composition and those tinkling bells :) The organ was nice too. This song conveys a bleak, sad feeling that I really enjoy. The vocals sound fantastic, although they don't convey the action in 0:30-1:01 very well. Also, all of your strings have this marcato feel to them that doesn't quite sound as fitting as some nice, soft strings.

MaestroRage responds:

ah yes, this song used some Forte strings, which starts off with a sharp cut, and then goes into a smooth style. It would have probably been better to use the normal style, and this one, as this style plays well with abrupt, angry parts, and the smoother part would have worked better in the quiet.

I was still not quite aware of how to use the strings that well, still learning, one day at a time! Thank you for your honesty, and for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

Winter Without Her WIP Winter Without Her WIP

Nice.

I don't mind the repetitiveness as long as it isn't the focus of your song. If you put more of a melody in front of the piano and pad, this would be great!

Maybe play the piano part piano or mezzo-piano, too.

GronmonSE responds:

Thanks for the review, final version's finished.

Halo gameover Halo gameover

Nice work, but needs more

The quality of this song is great. It sounds like you have an excellent recording device! While I don't quite mind the rather repetitive nature, I would love it if this had some more instruments--especially for a 3 minute song! Try adding in background strings or woodwinds and using a tubular bell for punctuation.

PoTc Remix PoTc Remix

Nice!

I've always loved PotC's music (Hans Zimmer and Klaus Badelt FTW!), and this song is nice. In the very beginning, it took me a second to pick out the familiar melody, but it soon became incredibly apparent. I love the drums, too! Good work.